Screen Printing Today - The Basics (Expanded 2nd Edition) by Andy MacDougall
Lawson Screen & DigitalSKU:
A brand-new book for getting started in screen printing, this covers modern applications and methods, new technology, and practical production tips in an easy to understand format.
What do stereos, microwaves, automobiles, t-shirts, art prints, bus signage, pinball machines, skateboards, membrane switches, CDs, stop signs, watch dials, coffee pots, hydrogen fuel cells, colorful fabrics, solar cells and hockey sticks all have in common? They are just a few of the many products made using screen printing. If you want to find out more about this amazing graphic and production process, then Screen Printing Today - The Basics is the book for you!
Screen Printing Today - The Basics contains a wealth of information about the world's most versatile print medium. History, modern applications and methods, new technology, and practical production tips are all combined in an easy to understand format. Hundreds of photos demonstrate everything from creating art and films, through screen & stencil making, ink use and print production. All new chapters cover water based ink printing, low tox innovations, specialty printing techniques & applications and economical alternatives for those on limited budgets.
- Improving your proficiency with many time and money saving tips and tricks whether printing in a home studio, a commercial shop or a manufacturing facility. All production steps are clearly explained and then demonstrated.
- Replaces screen printing instruction manuals from the 1950s and 60s, with their out dated and minimalist techniques. Mixing basic principal with modern materials, methods and systems. Screen Printing Today will bring your printing efforts into the 21st century.
- Concise, complete and illustrated with over 500 how-to-do-it photos, many in color, this book will help both novice and advanced printers understand the basic technologies of the screen printing process and help put them into action.
- BONUSES included with your book are easily built plan sets for a vacuum press, t-shirt jig and exposing system.
- With this book and some household tools, you can be printing professional work in a short time.
- Screenprinting History Applications
- Industry Prospects for Growth & Opportunities
- Preparing Art & Film
- Screens & Stencils
- Press Types & How They Work
- Safety in the Screenshop
Additional information includes:
- Solar Exposing
- Plans for Vacuum Table & T-shirt Jig
- Exposing Frame
- Washout Booth
About the Arthur:
Andy MacDougall combines a varied background in the screen printing and graphic trades with writing skills honed over the years as a contributor to Screen Printing Magazine, Printwear and Promotion, Screen and Display Graphics, Arts Calendar, plus many other publications. Working his way up through the industry from apprentice to shop owner, he has watched and participated in the transformation of the screen printing industry from the early days of hand cut films and ‘silk screening’ through today’s digital work flows and automated multicolor inline press systems. A member of the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association International and the American Poster Institute, he lives with his wife on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.