Ulano EZ-FILM Capillary Film
Ulano EZ-FILM is the best capillary emulsion film. By using capillary film for t-shirt and garment printing, you get significant savings in labor and production time over liquid emulsion. You do not have to struggle with scooper coaters or applying liquid emulsion to a frame. Just apply the capillary emulsion film sheet to a wet screen and you are done. For the same overall cost of coating a screen, or less, shops can upgrade to the convenience of film with these pre-coated screen printing emulsion sheets.
The Ulano EZ-FILM from Lawson makes it easy to produce perfect stencils quickly, consistently, and with no mess or waste. With our factory-controlled emulsion thickness, EZ-FILM’s exposure time is always the same, and (with the same mesh count) so are stencil thickness and ink deposit. Gain consistency when applying emulsion to your screen so you have the same emulsion over mesh (EOM) every time. Having the same emulsion thickness on your screen printing frames provides a higher quality stencil and deposits a consistent amount of plastisol and water-based screen printing inks.
How to Choose the Proper Ulano EZ-Film Capillary Emulsion Thickness?
Capillary film give you two (2) choices for the thickness. The thickness is measured in microns. A higher micron count means a thicker stencil. This is similar to how many coats of liquid emulsion you apply to your screen. You should base your thickness on a few factors, including, mesh count, how many shirts you will be printing and how much ink you want to lay down. Use the guide below to help choose between 50 and 30 micron capillary film.
EZ-FILM-50 (50 microns) is recommended for use with mesh counts ranging from 86 - 196 threads per inch (33 - 77 threads/cm). Great for basic and athletic printing. It is fast exposing, and a pure photopolymer (SBQ) textile capillary film coated in 300 gauge matte polyester. EZ-50 Orange can be adhered with plain water, or with direct emulsion in the direct/indirect mode. Most Popular.
EZ-FILM-30 is ideal for mesh counts ranging from 230 - 419 threads per inch (90 and 165/cm). Keep in mind that this film is designed for plastisol ink and should be used with non-aggressive solvent-based inks and mild wash-up solvents. Screen openers and aggressive solvents will make screen reclaiming more difficult. The thinner emulsion means a thinner stencil for less ink despot on your shirt.
Best Six (6) Features of Lawson Capillary EZ-Film:
1) Orange, high-contrast “masking” color
- Reduces halation (light scattering) and improves resolution and definition.
- Saves mesh costs because you can use white instead of more-expensive dyed mesh frames.
- Perfect stencil inspection and see-through registration.
2) Super-fast processing and exposure:
- Dries faster than direct liquid emulsion.
- Fast stencil turn-around.
- Significantly less labor and production time.
4) Easy to use:
- Easier to apply than liquid emulsion.
- Wide processing and exposure latitude no matter what type of exposure unit you have.
- Perfect stencils—every time.
5) Pre-coated stencils:
- Consistent stencil thickness for all your screens.
- Control ink deposit and ink costs.
- Significantly less labor and production time when making screens.
6) Wet processing:
- Reduced potential for pinholes because of the consistent emulsion application.
- Speeds production at all stages of screen printing.
Pre-packaged sheets: Convenient, No mess, No waste.
EZ-FILM pre-cut sheets are 15” X 17” (≈ 38 X 43 cm) and 17” X 24” (≈ 43 X 60.9 cm), packaged 50 per box
Sizes 17" x 24" only sold in quantities of 4. Call to Order.
A Demonstration for Proper Application