Specialty Materials ThermoFlexPlus for Knit Fabrics 15" x 20 Yard Roll
Compare the ease of weeding and applying ThermoFlex™ Plus with competitive products and discover why so many professionals ask for it by name. ThermoFlex™ Plus a durable polyurethane based material that is highly flexible. A soft hand and strong grip.
ThermoFlex™ Plus is available in fifty-three (53) colors with a matte finish to match popular team colors including Metallic Gold, Silver, Copper & Bronze, with five (5) Bright Neons, eight (8) Metal Flake colors and six (6) new Glossy colors.
ThermoFlex™ Plus Metal Flakes in Gold, Titanium, White, Silver, Blue, Green, Pink and Red.
ThermoFlex™ Plus can be applied in layers with exception of the Neon Colors. Neon colors cannot have things adhered on top of them. However, they can be adhered on of any other color.
** Colors with stars will NOT layer
- Create your design in graphics software, such as Corel Draw and mirror the image in the effects menu.
- Load ThermoFlex® Plus onto your plotter.
- Always test cut to ensure proper depth, speed and down force.
- Cut in mirror image.
- Weed film from carrier that you do not want to transfer.
- Place image on the surface to which you are transferring the film
- Place a Teflon sheet between the heat platen and the polyester carrier sheet to prevent sticking and edge damage to the transferred design.
- Heat press between 330° F - 335° F for 17-20 seconds using firm even pressure.
- If ThermoFlex® Plus only partially adheres to the fabric it is usually because insufficient or uneven pressure was applied. If this happens, reposition the design, increase the pressure and repress.
- Peel warm or cold. It is much easier to peel while still warm but for consistent results allow at least 10 seconds of cooling time before peeling. For greater durability, cover with a Teflon sheet and repress for 10 seconds.
- Turn garment inside out before washing. Wash in warm to hot water. You can tumble dry ThermoFlex® Plus decorated garments on high heat without the transfer film sticking to itself.
- ThermoFlex® Plus is very durable and if properly applied, will last for the life of the garment.
- You can apply ThermoFlex® Plus to cotton, polyester, blends, Spandex, Lycra, wool and linen. ThermoFlex® Plus will NOT adhere to nylon.
ThermoFlex® Plus will also adhere to itself. You can build complex designs by applying ThermoFlex® Plus in multiple layers.
Create plotter file in mirror image.
Cut mirror image on plotter
Position weeded design on shirt
Place Teflon sheet or silicon release sheet over design
Medium Pressure 330 °F - 335 °F for 17-20 seconds
Rub design with pad or chalkbaord eraser while still hot to dissipate heat
Remove backing after cooling. Repeat process for 2nd layer