Laser 1 Opaque Transfer Paper
Lawson Screen & DigitalSKU:
Laser 1 Opaque Heat Transfer Paper are designed for both oil and oil-less laser copiers and laser printers. They are used for heat transfer of high-resolution photographs and mages to dark T-Shirts, sweatshirts, mouse pads, coasters, puzzles, handbags, binders, pad folios, paper, leather, magnets, wood veneer, nylon and more. Choose garments that have a tight weave. This is particularly important when transferring to sweatshirts. It works very well with 100% cotton, cotton blends or synthetic fabrics such as polyester or nylon. It is designed for use with commercial heat presses only – no hand iron.
Using Laser 1 Opaque Papers.
You will need the following:
- Color Laser Printer/Copier
- Pre-Washed and dried Dark Colored T-Shirt
- Commercial Heat Press (No Hand Iron)
605-101-5-PK Laser 1 Opaque 8.5" x 11" (100 sheets per pack) .......... $71.74
605-101-6-PK Laser 1 Opaque 11" x 17" (100 sheets per pack) ......... $143.00
PRINTING & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
(Click here for a printable PDF)
The Print Side of the paper is the blank side (this is the coated side of the sheet). Image the Laser 1 Opaque in your Color Laser Copier by using the most "straight line" feed possible, (usually the by-pass tray) and using a "heavy paper" setting. Some machines may require the "Extra Heavy Weight paper" setting.
DO NOT FLIP OR MIRROR THE IMAGE!
Caution should be taken in handling the image prior to transfer!
- Before trimming make a small tear in an area to be trimmed away, and separate the paper backing slightly into the imaged area. (This aids greatly in separating the image after trimming)
- Trim away any imprinted area that you do not want to transfer.
- Pre-Press your T-Shirt for 3-5 seconds to remove any moisture and wrinkles and allow the shirt to cool.
- Peel away the paper backing and position your image with the image side up on the shirt and cover with the pressing sheet.
- Place a flat single layer of fabric such as a pillow case over the ironing sheet. Press for 2 minutes at 300°F using Medium Pressure
- Remove from the Heat Press and allow to Cool Completely before attempting to remove the Pressing Sheet.
NOTE: Dark colored polyester and nylon are not recommended because the dyes may migrate through the transfer.
Washing Instructions: Turn garment inside out and wash in cold water using a mild detergent. Do not use bleach. Dry on fine fabric or low heat setting or hang to dry. Do not iron directly on the transferred area.