Ulano Orange Textile Emulsion
It is formulated with a “masking color” that reduces light scattering—the major cause of loss of resolution. With Orange emulsion, it is possible to use less costly white mesh without the closing up of fine lines and details. Despite its anti-halation color, Ulano Orange screen printing emulsion is ultra-fast-exposing! It is perfect for shops with high stencil making throughput, as well as shops with fluorescent tubes or other low-intensity light sources. Orange has high viscosity (6,000 – 8,000 centipoise) that improves control when coating screens by hand and makes it a good choice for coarse mesh. Its high solids content (44 - 46%) results in better mesh bridging and edge definition, and fast drying.
Orange resists plastisols, most washup solvents, and some water-based textile inks, and it is easy to reclaim. Orange stencils are durable, will not become tacky under high humidity conditions, and have excellent wet strength and exposure latitude. Orange reduces stencil-making time—in coating (because of its high viscosity), drying (due to its high solids), and exposure (due to its high photo-sensitivity despite its “masking color.”
Features & Benefits
- Orange, High contrast masking color: Improves resolution and definition Saves mesh costs: use white instead of more-expensive dyed mesh
- Ultra fast exposing: Fast stencil throughput for high volume shops. Assures thorough exposure, even with weak light sources. Dependable polymerization assures durability and ink resistance. Excellent wet strength, exposure latitude, and durability.
- High (44-46%) solids content: Dries quickly. Better mesh bridging; lower Rz value yields sharper printed edges.
- High (6000-8000 centipoise) viscosity: Easier to control during coating, even on coarse mesh .
- Water and Solvent resistant: Resists plastisols and many washup solvents. Resists some water-based inks, even without added diazo.
- Shelf Life: unopened: 1 year at 70F (21C)
CAUTION: Some emulsions can FREEZE during shipment. If you do not understand about the "freezing issue", please call us at 1-314-382-9300 for information on this subject. Lawson can not be responsible for damages due to freezing.