Specialty Materials Reflective Protection
Use Reflection Protection™ for nighttime visibility and brilliance in the spotlight. Reflection Protection™ films consist of very small glass beads embedded in a layer of polyester film to reflect almost all the light that shines on them.
Our brightest reflective film with actual glass beads produces a maximum reflectance of 675 cd/lux/m2 and standard reflectance of 560 cd/lux/m2. Computer-Cut, Heat-Transfer Reflective Film for use on Cotton/Cotton-Blend and Nylon Heat Sensitive Fabrics. This is reason enough to get a vinyl cutter. Test before using and always seek appropriate approvals prior to production.
- Prepare design as mirror image
- Load it onto your plotter
- Always test cut to ensure proper depth, speed and down force. This material can be difficult to cut. Try slowing the cutting speed down and use a new 60° blade.
- Cut in mirror image.
- Weed film from carrier that you do not want to transfer
- Place image on the surface to which you are transferring the film.
- Place a Teflon sheet between the heat platen and the polyester carrier sheet to prevent sticking and edge damage to the transferred design.
- Heat press between 275° F – 305° F for 3 to 5 seconds using firm even pressure. Peel cool. Cover with a Teflon release sheet and pres again for 5-7 seconds after peeling. Do not use more pressure, temperature or dwell time than is recommended because the adhesive on the wedded backing may stick to fabric. If it only partially adheres to the fabric it is usually because insufficient or uneven pressure was applied. If this happens, reposition the design and repress.
- Always make one test sample. Wash test for adhesion strength and to demonstrate reflective capabilities. Always secure signed approval before beginning production.
- Wash cold, dry low heat.
- Adheres to most fabrics as well as many textured siliconized fabrics.
Test these films with scrap materials prior to actual production!
For best results, wash this product inside-out, gentle cycle, cold water, low tumble dry.