Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Printer
Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink Technology
- Unique High Dynamic Range pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Ten-color printing system including all-new Orange and Green inks
- Certified by Pantone to cover 98% of the Formula Guide Solid Coated
- High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology
- Professional print performance ratings
- Depending upon media – exceptional black density up to 2.6 with an L* value of 3.0†
Three-level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the printer's gray balance while eliminating color cast
- Outstanding midtones and highlights for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates the metamerism and bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync™ and ICM™ workflows
Two User-exchangeable Black Ink Modes
Printers can utilize two different Black ink modes – Photo Black or Matte Black. This innovative solution optimizes the Black ink density for various media types, dramatically improving the final print quality.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain Epson media types such as Velvet Fine Art, Enhanced Matte, and UltraSmooth® Fine Art, using
the optional Matte Black ink mode instead, will dramatically increase black optical density for even better print quality.
Professional 17" Wide Print Engine Technology - Professional Media Handling
- Prints on virtually any media type, in roll or cut-sheet, from letter up to 17" wide
- Built-in high-capacity paper tray handling up to 250 sheets of plain letter-sized paper or up to 100 sheets of photographic media up to 17"x 24"
- Supports printing on both sides of the media without damaging the previously printed side
- User-adjustable Roll Media Spindle accepts either 2" or 3" media cores
- Four built-in media paths including roll feed, cut-sheet tray, front-top manual feed, and a straight-through front manual feed handling media up to 1.5 mm thick
- Built-in automatic media cutter
True BorderFree® Printing
- Capable of printing off both left and right edges of roll based media, while automatically cutting top and bottom edges to produce a full-bleed print on all four sides
- Fully trims your finished prints more accurately and safely than by hand
Epson Intelligent High-capacity Ink System
- Eleven individual 200 ml ink cartridges
- Greatly increases productivity by allowing you to replace ink cartridges on the fly, even during the middle of a print job
- Newly designed ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Standard connectivity includes one USB 2.0 interface and one 10/100Base-T Ethernet port
- Professional Epson photographic drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®
- Fully supported by most leading third-party RIPs and workflows – the Epson Stylus Pro series printers are used within the most demanding commercial printing environments
Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding professionals, The Epson 4900 incorporates a unique 17" wide printer design giving you amazing quality for larger prints. For film output with halftone dots and dense black images you MUST use a software RIP like PowerRIP™. Inkjet printers that are off-the-shelf DO NOT print halftone dots and don't lay down enough black ink for good screen making. You MUST use Ink-Jet film positive and PosINK™ for film output. Note that you will NOT void the warranty when switching to PosINK™.
Epson UltraChrome HDR™ represents the latest generation of pigment ink technology. Now utilizing ten colors - including an all-new Orange and Green - Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink produces the widest color gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer.
- 10-Channel, drop-on-demand, inkjet print head.
- Intelligent High-Capacity individual ink cartridges in 220ml sizes
- Epson UltraChrome K3™ Ink with Vivid Magenta
- Maximum resolution 2880 x 1440 dpi with minimum 3.5-picoliter ink droplets
- Maximum Output 17" inches wide
- Roll media size Single roll up to 17" width
- Roll media length Up to 132' (limited by core dia.)
- Cut sheet input tray size Up to 17" x 22"
- Cut sheet media input Up to 250 sheet tray, top and rear manual feed slots
- Built-in media cutter: Automatic and manual cutting
497-180-0-EA Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Printer .................................. $2,495.00
comes with UltraChrome HDR Ink cartridges
497-181-0-EA Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Designer Edition ............... $2,995.00
Excellent package: Includes UltraChrome HDR Ink, EFI eXpress RIP, and printer driver.
EPSON Stylus Pro 4900 Warranty Information
Standard 1-Year Epson Preferred Protection Plan
- Prompt answer toll-free phone support with personal PIN ID (supplied in the printer box) available Monday thru Friday
- Usually next-business-day full unit exchange service
Optional 1- or 2-Year Epson Preferred Plus Service
- Allows you to continue all the great benefits of the standard Epson Preferred Protection Plan once the free 1-Year warranty expires
- Available for purchase at any time before the standard 1-Year Epson Preferred Protection Plan expires
- The cost for one out-of-warranty service call could be more expensive than a 2-Year optional Preferred Plus Service contract! Lawson & Epson Recommend the Purchase of the Optional 1- or 2-Year Preferred Plus Service Programs For the Best Possible Support for Your Investment
- 497-000-0-EA EPSON 4900 Preferred Plus 1 year .................... $335.00
- 497-000-0-EA EPSON 4900 Preferred Plus 2 year .................... $535.00